Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Shitlord hippie-boomer admins at University BAN Millenials from Netflix
Atomic Offline
Robin

RE: Shitlord hippie-boomer admins at University BAN Millenials from Netflix
(03-20-2019 10:55 AM)monster Wrote:  
(03-19-2019 10:34 PM)Atomic Wrote:  The whole class she was texting me as her orbiter friend was next to her.

That's f'd up.

It's just as disrespectful for a teacher to be texting the whole class as it is for students to be watching Netflix. Probably even more because the teacher is a role model of sorts.

I'd flip my sh!t if I had a professor texting the whole class.

I'm reasonably certain though that you're bluffing about being a teacher.

Hell I don't mind kids watching netflix. The only disrespectul thing is when I am talking/lecturing and I have to keep raising my voice because students are chatting away. I normally raise my voice once, and if they don't shut up I call them out. They can sit there and watch netflix, text, sleep, whatever, as long as they are quiet. Again, it's not my job to force knowledge down their throats. I am the watering hole, i'm not forcing them to drink. If they wanna pay $2k+ per class and fall asleep, that's on them.

I don't text in the middle of lectures. I assign the class practice problems/labs and I can text while they are doing them.

I am professor. But won't be for very much longer. The time sink is generally not worth vs the private sector. It's not just class time that you have to consider, its: grading (I don't have TAs), office hours, class preparation (normally only needed the first semester you teach a new class), random academic events, etc. The coeds are the only thing that keep me there.

I'll think about doing a mini-datasheet but the people it would apply to would be very small and the possibility of doxxing would be high. Plus looking at the google results for "college professor game", I'm sure a datasheet on that would appear on page 1 in no time. I don't mind writing something up but I will probably just share it privately with those that request

Never cross streams.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2019 03:43 PM by Atomic.)
03-20-2019 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Atomic's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, IveBeenFramed, spokepoker

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shitlord hippie-boomer admins at University BAN Millenials from Netflix - Atomic - 03-20-2019 03:39 PM