Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Share Of American Adults Having NO Sex Reaches All-Time High
MrLemon Offline
Banned

RE: Share Of American Adults Having NO Sex Reaches All-Time High
(04-21-2019 10:37 AM)Abelard Lindsey Wrote:  
(04-19-2019 06:25 PM)MrLemon Wrote:  I doubt it will be a civil war specifically.

I think it will be a huge religious revival. We're seeing all the signs flashing already. America has a long history of insane religious interludes. We have an entire state -- Utah -- poplulated by Mormons who state outright that their eventual goal is to "save" the US. Then there are the evangelical Christians like Pence.

It will be "then Handmaid's Tale" but of course different -- the women, not the men, will be the ones who drive this revival. I expect abortion to be 100% illegal and past abortionists prosecuted. Women will completely abandon the career path and decide they want to be moms. Just like the 50s. Outright government encouragement for women to have kids.

People always underestimate how much the pendulum swings. It's about to swing now...and hard.

You have a good point that any possible religious revival will be driven by the women, not the men. Consider it a "Nehemiah Scudder" movement. Women have driven a lot of social movements. The temperance movement of the late 19th and early 20th centuries was driven by women. However, I consider such a religious revival to be highly unlikely.

The most credible argument I have run across for why people believe in religion came from a child psychologist who is a friend of a friend. His theory was that kids who are punished rationally by their parents (e.g. they are punished for specific wrong doings and is made clear to them as to why they are being punished) grow up believing that the world is fundamentally rational and with no need to believe in God or supernatural. Kids who are punished randomly where there is no connection between what they did wrong and why they are being punished grow up believing the world is fundamentally irrational and, thus, believe in God and supernatural.

The former pattern is a component of modern parenting, which nearly all kids born since the early 60's have been brought up with. The latter pattern has been nearly extinct since the 70's at the latest.

I do not expect any religious revival in the foreseeable future.

Haha. If you know who "Nehemiah Scudder" is then we can have an excellent discussion.

I think your point about punishment is interesting, but I don't buy it as a driver for religion. I think women -- especially in a country as deeply religious as the US -- turn to religion when they feel that they have whored themselves into damnation. Women have a very ancient instinct to judge themselves based on whether they have successfully raised children. So many of them are now going completely nutso because they have whored themselves (for FREE which is worst of all) and failed to have children. Tens of millions of absolutely insane post-wall women. Their frenzy is like a giant wall of thrashing water, barely held back. We're seeing the dam cracking in many places and the tidal wave ready to crush us all.

When that tidal wave of female crazyness *really* gets released, it has to go somewhere. There are only 2 viable options:

1. Start a real civil war, on men. Try to kill or enslave every man in the US. This is what the elite Feminists want.

2. Have a huge religious conversion in which women relieve their guilt and shame by becoming born-again virgins. Destroy the non-believers in shrieking hateful pogroms. Think of that movie "the purge" but driven not by men, but by women.

So as far as I'm concerned, the only real question is, do we have # 1 or # 2?

I think #1 just can't happen. Men will fight back too hard and women won't endure that. So that's why I assume #2.
04-21-2019 03:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrLemon's post:
Graft

Messages In This Thread
RE: Share Of American Adults Having NO Sex Reaches All-Time High - MrLemon - 04-21-2019 03:36 PM