Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Moral Decline Caused Crime, Not Poverty
DogLover Offline
Sparrow

RE: Moral Decline Caused Crime, Not Poverty
(08-15-2019 11:58 AM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  “There are statistical variables that easily explain why people commit crime.”

No, there aren’t. If you point out a serial offender to me and say “well its obvious why he did it, the guy has a room temperature IQ” then I’m gonna call bullshit, just like everyone else with any common sense. There are tons of variables that may “cause” a person to commit or not commit a crime. IQ maybe one of them. Or it might not be!

As I said, human behavior is an extremely complex area, just like global politics. In the same vein, you reduce that to “it’s the globohomo, man”.

Obviously no one does a single-variate analysis... the studies done on IQ and crime are multi-variate and show that all other factors fall away other than IQ: If you normalize for IQ,all racial etc differences disappear. IQ explains nearly all of it. I'm sure you can google these studies.
08-15-2019 08:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like DogLover's post:
Simeon_Strangelight, JiggyLordJr, Sankt Michael, infowarrior1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moral Decline Caused Crime, Not Poverty - DogLover - 08-15-2019 08:02 PM