Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

afewgoodrats Convict Conditioning Log
Hannibal Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: afewgoodrats Convict Conditioning Log
I figured dan john coauthored it, maybe with help also from al kavadlo.

The other thing is, if you're going to do bodyweight stuff without doing a more gymnastic style program, you might as well do bodybuilding rep ranges and do every exercise to failure. Leaving a rep or two "in the bank" works when you're playing with heavy poundages to get neutral efficiency but it doesn't work so well when you're going from 10-30 reps a set only a few times a week per exercise. It's just not intense enough for most people to keep moving forward.

I would structure it push day, pull day, and leg day and try to hit each exercise twice a week. If you dont know how to structure the exercises, just do each of them three sets to failure with a minute to a minute and a half between sets. If you want to get even more creative you can add a set at the end with an easier exercise like regular or knee pushups at the end of diamonds. Dont give a damn about the rep ranges because your second and your third set are obviously going to get fewer reps than your first set, just move up to a harder exercise when your first set gets too easy.

Everyone is different but from personal experience I did not thrive on the low volume low frequency approach.

I would also add dips too as an intermediary between the two handed and uneven pushup progressions. I would also do the bodyweight rows after your pullup work as you can always make those harder by elevating your feet.

Of course, keep this as an option when you have tapped out the gains in your current program.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
08-29-2019 02:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hannibal's post:
afewgoodrats

Messages In This Thread
RE: afewgoodrats Convict Conditioning Log - Hannibal - 08-29-2019 02:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ender's Convict Conditioning Log & Questions enderilluminatus 25 14,289 05-26-2016 04:29 AM
Last Post: Hades
  Wrestling Conditioning Sigma 12 7,193 02-29-2016 07:42 PM
Last Post: Rush87
  Need help developing routine with convict conditioning rapaz12 16 20,888 10-26-2015 05:19 AM
Last Post: H1N1