Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Business How to get projects for a web development company?
FullThrottleTX Offline
Robin

RE: How to get projects for a web development company?
(08-20-2019 12:35 AM)Atom89 Wrote:  I've been on some forums and the general trend is some of these guys who have massive income coming in have a web dev company.

I know two who win projects from freelancer websites, however the competition is fierce on there. They may have taken time to get a track record.

Some guy sells 1 in something projects.

How do these guys win big projects? $15000 jobs?

How do they network?

Your insights appreciated.

I'm a software engineer.

You're better off improving your skills and getting a full-time job.
Unless you're extraordinarily good at sales, which is not common for coders, you're going to be hustling a lot. It's not worth it.

I had a 12k contract once. I got rid of it, I make over six figures in my day job and it's not too hard or time consuming, why bother with the client work?

Honestly, I got my biggest contracts through connections to old full-time jobs.

Who can do design, development, and sales at the same time? A unicorn. I actually can do all 3, but I only enjoy the development side of things.

For pure "web designers", this is a bit different. Design is easier than development, you can just hand it off, there's nothing to maintain...
There's no money in being a designer though.

Build something that scales well if you have web development skills. An app you can get investors behind, for example...
Time does not scale well.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2019 10:17 PM by FullThrottleTX.)
08-22-2019 09:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to get projects for a web development company? - FullThrottleTX - 08-22-2019 09:51 PM