Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Business How to get projects for a web development company?
qwertyuiop Offline
Woodpecker

RE: How to get projects for a web development company?
Since I'm in Sales and have heard from a few guys who have been successful at this.

Assuming you're a random software dev. Things that might work:

#1. Cold call your ass off. 100+ calls a day. Hit up small biz owners, small to mid size companies, maybe even midsize. Call, quick script, then say you can meet them at a starbucks close by or stop by their office.

Have a few packages, they will expect you to have pricing. You can have discounts but if you ask "what's your budget" it shows you have no idea what you are doing. Might work, but no enterprise sales guy I know has ever said that.

#2. Run digital ad campaigns. Get inquiries/leads. Call them up, meet and close business. You need to be good at ads or hire someone.

#3. Tradeshows, networking groups, etc. Probably won't work but you can try. Some smaller firms or small groups can go to a tradeshow and get enough business for a year.

You can try upwork but there are a million and a half devs. I don't think much else will work. Maybe direct mail or mass emailing?

That's if you're serious. If your not serious better to just stick to your day job.
08-25-2019 11:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to get projects for a web development company? - qwertyuiop - 08-25-2019 11:01 PM