Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

When people say being a nice guy is bad, what do they mean?
Vladimir Poontang Offline
Ostrich

RE: When people say being a nice guy is bad, what do they mean?
I think the term nice guy (as a negative) is very misleading. It gives the impression that you shouldn't be a nice or good person.

A nice guy, in the negative sense, is one that makes his niceness his thing, someone who wears their niceness on their sleeve. When interacting with females, it's all about how nice he is. It's good to be a nice person, but when the interaction revolves around your niceness, you become a weird nicey nice guy and it's offputting because niceness is more effective when it's accompanied by other characteristics, including negative ones. If you're always nice it comes off as fake. Not to mention that females like to see negative characteristics from time to time.

When nice guys say "but I'm a nice guy, not like those assholes" they're right. The assholes are assholes, and the nice guy really is nice. The problem is, the nice guy is nothing but nice. It's like 10 sugars in your coffee.

I mean look at my warning level. It's 60%. You think it's the first time I've been in trouble? You think I haven't been suspended for a week more than once? I'm the bad boy of the forum and that's why I get so much of my surname.

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

Inspired Expat - Expat Lifestyle Discussion : https://inspiredexpat.forumotion.com/
Useful Links : http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019 04:53 AM by Vladimir Poontang.)
10-22-2019 04:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like Vladimir Poontang's post:
TooFineAPoint, wwtl, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Tactician, Zoso

Messages In This Thread
RE: When people say being a nice guy is bad, what do they mean? - Vladimir Poontang - 10-22-2019 04:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | RooshV.com | Return to Top | Return to Content | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication