Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Spike Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
I just filled in a form for a permanent visa at a Dutch/Canadian visa agency. I will hear from them in a few days if i can aply for a permanet Canadian visa. Otherwise i can apply for a temporary worker visa since my education is on the POL ( Priority Occupation List ) I'm a skilled carpenter. well, i was many years ago.

I guess once i'm there i could switch jobs if i find something better paying.

@scotian, i just found this site http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html
According to this i only pay 26 % if i make less than 132k. And 29% above that ( i wish)

Is that correct ? In Holland i used to pay 42% income tax. its 52% if you make big bucks.

is Canada really that low on income tax ? That means i pocket 74k on a 100k salary.

The provincial tax rate for alberta is only 10 %. Whats the difference between provincial and federal ?. Do i need to pay both ?

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2012 01:02 PM by Spike.)
01-24-2012 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Spike - 01-24-2012 12:57 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM