Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
speakeasy Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
+1 rep for Scotian from for providing such generous info. Damn man, you've actually got me thinking about this shit. I'm at a bit of crossroads period in my life where I'm looking for some sort of change but not sure where to go or what to do next. The idea of making 6 figures in half year is awesome. I could probably put up with shitty conditions and do blue collar work with no girls around if I was getting paid phat like that. Wouldn't do it forever. But I have zero blue collar background and really have no skills that are transferable into something like that. Also I'm 35 and I don't know if they're looking for really young bucks out of high school or what.

Mixx, that's some serious scratch, that's like Wall St money. I think you said you grew up working class on the streets of NYC. I'd love to hear you break down how you went from that to making half a mil a year. Like what it took to get there.
01-28-2012 10:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - speakeasy - 01-28-2012 10:37 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM