Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Amsterdao! Offline
Robin

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(01-29-2012 12:10 PM)scotian Wrote:  
(01-29-2012 11:06 AM)Amsterdao! Wrote:  Scotian,

I already gave you +1 for all this golden information....thanks a lot! What do you know about truck driver jobs and salaries? I have already 3-4 years driving experience in heavy traffic.

ciao

Lots of work for truck drivers, most contracting companies employ some sort of trucks, whether its driving a vac truck for a company like CEDA or Clean Harbors or working directly for a transport company driving a big rig, there's a lot of work for truckers.

In Alberta, they have different types of licenses, the ones that I am familiar with are the class 1 license (to drive a multi axle semi truck) or the class 3 (air brakes endorsement), to drive trucks like dumps trucks, vac trucks, etc.

I'm sure if you're from a different province or state, they will recognize whatever license you may have.

and the salaries of those truck drivers?

So..i'm a 29 year old dutch guy and i want to make some serious money. A lot and ASAP. I Don't have technical work experience or what so ever in the Oil business, but if i have to...i'm willing to learn. I am used to long workdays and i think i have an good work mentality if i have to. So what would be your advice if you were in my position? Go to canada...do some pre-community college for a job and get some work experience after that? Or go to canada as an experienced truck driver and find a job in that field?

The plan is to start and build a new life in Canada for the next 3 years...make some serious money and do an around the world trip....and i'm pretty damn serious about it because i have nothing to lose

What do you think Scotian?
01-29-2012 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Amsterdao! - 01-29-2012 05:33 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM