Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(02-02-2012 12:49 AM)Rafa Wrote:  Scotian,

Great info man.

I have been looking into some trades. Which trade do you think "has it the best, or easiest"? Seems like electricians would be a good bet.

I dont know about that bud, Ive seen electricians pulling heavy duty cables and laying them on cable trays 30´ in the air up in a pipe rack during -30 C weather, not my idea of a good time!

All trades can be hard but they can all be very easy too, I once got paid to sit on my ass and surf the net for 2 months straight, I literally did NOTHING (it was really boring) but watch movies, read, etc. These big oil companies would rather have 10 guys sitting around doing nothing than be short a guy when they need him ASAP. Most maintenance gigs involve a lot of sitting around, construction, not so much.

One trade that definitely involves A LOT of shitting around doing nothing is a mobile crane operator, but when he does work, he often has to lift insanely heavy pieces into some tight spots, I couldnt do it!
02-02-2012 10:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 02-02-2012 10:41 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM