Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(02-25-2012 07:32 PM)elabayarde Wrote:  So... Im receiving a Masters Degrees in MEchanical and Aerospace engineering in may. I am so down! For the pay that It sound like u can make. But, can the engineers like double up on contracts or something to get over time hours. Also, has anyone got to the bottom of the American getting a visa B.S.

With a masters degree in mechanical engineering, you shouldn't have a problem getting a visa into Canada, do some research on the immigration Canada website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/

I'm sure you'll be well compensated at whichever company you end up working at, don't worry about OT hours, you'll have your hands full learning and doing whatever position you're put into. Trust me, this is a line of work where, if your employers sense that you have half a brain and some decent people skills, you will advance quickly.

I encourage you to come up here and check it out, I've worked with several Americans over the years and they all say that this is the best money that they've ever made. Tell your class mates too and anyone else in the states that you know, you have the skills that we need and trust me, you'll be welcomed here.

peace
02-25-2012 08:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 02-25-2012 08:18 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM