Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
r_passion Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
For those the a high level of education, you should consider the PNP program as a means to gain residency status in Canada. It is specific to each province so you should look at the Alberta PNP website. You do need a confirmed job offer to do this and you are as good as stuck with them until your residency comes through (if you get laid off you will be ok if you get a similar job for a different company.

I am on the BC PNP program and my residency should be ready by the end of August and I will be looking to start working the remote camps as a cook to see what it's like. The pay would seem to be on the lower end of the scale doing that but it's a foot in the door and a good chance to meet those working the actual sites for networking purposes. Right now I have to grind my current job at a peanuts wage but thats the West Coast for you. At least I ski in Whistler 2-3 days a week.
02-26-2012 10:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - r_passion - 02-26-2012 10:56 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM