Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
hiphoppotamus Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
So it's been 2 weeks or so and I haven't heard back from CEDA yet. I doubt I'll get a call back since I have no certificates as required on the online application. I made an appointment to get laser eye surgery this week, I have completed the CSTS/PST on Enform, I registered for a H2S course here in BC, and I'll register for First Aid after I regain my eyesight after surgery. I'd figure by mid-March I'll have everything ready to go. I think I'll be in Alberta late March - Early April. By the time I get off the plane I'll be ready to work. I'm just not sure if I should get settled in Edmonton first or make a bee line to Fort McMurray and drop my resume to every company. Shit if I don't get hired the first day I'll have to cough up $200 for a room in fort mac, or sleep on the streets in -20C.

I also thought about driving those trucks but isn't it like $3000 of lessons or more for a class 1? I'll probably just get the airbrakes endorsement.

GIVE'R!
02-26-2012 07:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - hiphoppotamus - 02-26-2012 07:18 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM