Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Vacancier Permanent Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Great to hear that Hippo. How long have you been working in the oil fields in AB?
I'm very interested in this and will be making a move there in the next 1-3 months or so as this would be a great industry to get in, to make quick cash and learn valuable skills that can be taken anywhere. And also to pay off debt and finance my existing biz to take it to the next level and to get into other solid opportunities I have right now. And of course, to travel in style.

This forum has some truly great guys who have been very helpful but I nominate you Scotian as the one who has been providing the most soild and viable option for guys out there and for being so helpful and generous in responding to our questions with great detail right away.
Can't wait to get there and meet you there man. Can't thank you enough for all your help. Guys, anyone thinking about this, don't wait, go for it. This is life changing info. I wish I was introduced to this 10 years ago. Now I would have been on easy streets. I'm forwarding the link to this thread to a few guys I know.

(04-05-2012 01:00 PM)hiphoppotamus Wrote:  Everyone I'm currently in Edmonton and it just so happens its snowing like crazy today. One of the big refineries is shutting down in May so if you can get your ass here before then you will get a camp gig up north. Even if you don't, there are plenty of labouring jobs in road construction and warehouses that pay decent. If you have your class 1 license you're pretty much set, everyone and their grandmother is hurting for drivers.
04-07-2012 04:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Vacancier Permanent - 04-07-2012 04:45 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM