Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Vin Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
[/quote]

Hey man, if you're looking at going the class 3 license route, there's lots of work out west for drivers. Clean Harbors is huge out here and they have an office in Halifax, stop by and see what they offer.

DON'T take those rig courses in Halifax, they are over priced and won't put you at any advantage over anyone else off the street, just take the H2S course and other basic safety tickets and you'll be good to go.

If you can, I'd look into pre-employment type courses at NAIT/SAIT/Keyano college and get into a trade or some kind of technical work.
[/quote]

Thanks man!! I found a company in Truro that trains for class 3 air breaks. I may try to take it in September. This seems like a quick option with less $ upfront but maximum results. Really appreciate the info.

These safety training courses, H2S etc you speak of, are they available online?

Clean Harbors is huge out there. Hopefully this leads to something. Thanks again.
04-14-2012 01:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Vin - 04-14-2012 01:30 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM