Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
pitt Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(04-18-2012 12:50 PM)scotian Wrote:  
(04-17-2012 07:47 PM)Roark Wrote:  Are there any opportunities for women out there?

I'd like to go work out there, but so would my girlfriend (who is a non-Canadian). She can get a 1 year temporary working-tourist visa for people under 30.

All I have is H2S (other than a philosophy/econ degree from Canada), so I'm looking at something to take at a community college in BC. She only has a tourism and hospitality management degree from the UK, which may not be that useful unless there are some hotels out there.

There's lots of work for women out here, depends what she's looking for, If you stay in Fort Mac, plenty of hotels here to work at. Also, if either of you want to start a career in other fields, especially oil industry related, this is a great place to do so.

This place is so crazy, I drove up here yesterday with 5 CVs to hand out to potential employers, the first stop I made was at the office of a company I worked for last year. I left the company without much notice, actually got into a pretty heated argument with the manager and basically told them to get fucked, they said I was burning a bridge. Fast forward to yesterday, I stopped by and they said "man we could really use you on this 2 month camp job, can you start Thursday?"

I didn't bother going anywhere else, I do my piss test today and will be on site tomorrow and back to work, the guys are working 90-100 hours a week and its 24 days on, 4 days off til the end of June , looks like I'll be taking the summer off this year, I love working in the oil sands!

I respect your job hustle scotian, congrats.
04-18-2012 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - pitt - 04-18-2012 01:21 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM