Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Bad Hussar Offline
Pelican

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Great thread Scotian. I think you've put in more work here than anyone else has in any other single thread.

Just curious how flexible companies are about the rotation for camp jobs in your experience. If you're hired initialy on a 7/7 shift, say, will they ever agree to something like 14/14 or ideally 24/11 (if they pay O/T). To me the 7/7 rotation is no good unless you live in Edmonton or Calgary. Otherwise the constant travelling from Calgary to wherever will cost too much and not give you enough time there to even make it worth your while.

I'm talking about direct hires with companies like Suncor or Canadian Natural, not contractors, if that makes any difference.

Lastly, out of curiosity. Do the charter flights from the remote camps to Calgary acctually terminate at YCC's main terminal, or another airfield/part of the airport?

Cheers.
04-22-2012 03:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Bad Hussar - 04-22-2012 03:07 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM