Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(05-02-2012 05:05 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  Can you live in the camps if you are just doing simple work like kitchen or janitor work?

I may halt my travels an check this out. It seems like i could get back into my military bootcamp mentality if i stayed in the camps. I wouldnt have anything else to do other then work out, work on my spanish, read some books, play some xbox. An in the process i can make some money an pay some more of my houses off...... I dont have any trade skills you listed an honeslty not interested in learning any. But if i can make a $1000 or more a week washing dishes or changing trash cans im down, give me a ipod an im happy no matter what im doing. All this while working out everyday and working on my pimsluer an rosetta stone spanish an what not.

Cause i have been bouncing around asia for going on 4 months now an managed to work out maybe 5 or 6 times. Did maybe 3 rosetta stone exercises. I have however had a blast an met lots of nice women Smile But in the big picture of things i havent done much to improve upon myself....

All camp staff (kitchen, security, janitorial, etc) live in camp and generally work 21 days on, 7 off. Since its not skilled work, it will be hard to get this type of job if you aren't Canadian, are you?

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
05-02-2012 05:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 05-02-2012 05:43 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM