Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(05-17-2012 07:11 PM)PROD3GY Wrote:  Hey Scotian,
Just wondering if you may have any information on Grande Piarie as I and some buddies will be heading out therre in either August or September. They all have jobs except for me and I was wondering if it's better for me to go too Fort Macmurray first or go right here. I'm fresh out of HS btw.

Depends on what you're looking to do, GP is more of a drilling town while Fort Mac is oil sands (refinery type work) although there is also some drilling there too. I've never been to GP so can't say much about it but most people I know who've been there don't have great things to say about the town. You should be able to find work easily in both places, may be better to hit up GP since you have have buddies there.

Tapanar, thanks for posting those links, those are great articles and show very well just how immense the size of these projects in the oil sands are. I'm actually working close to Christina Lake now on a SAGD project about 2.5 hours SE of Fort mac.

Guys, I've been back up here in camp for a month now and haven't been this busy in a long time, everyone else I know is really busy now too, I just hope that the price of oil doesn't shit the bed too hard, its dropped quite a bit lately!

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
05-20-2012 02:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 05-20-2012 02:10 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM