Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(07-21-2012 05:53 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  I'm still considering this as a back up plan.

I used to be a reasonable skilled carpenter for many years but i don't think i can do a job like that in Canada since the building styles differs a lot between American styled houses (all wood) and Dutch houses (all brick)

All that wood made me think, how about jobs as a house painter?

I have some experience in that and the work is way easier and less straining on the body. When I worked construction in my twenties I already felt my bones every time I woke up and had back problems on the regular. I can't imagine it will be different now that i'm 35. it will be worse I guess.

To make a long story short: are jobs for house painters overthere?

Yes, there's lots of residential and commercial construction going on all over Alberta, we didn't have the same housing crisis up here that they had in the States, so I'm sure you could find work as a house painter here.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
07-22-2012 12:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 07-22-2012 12:06 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM