Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(08-18-2012 03:01 AM)Luomu Wrote:  While browsing through the links for employers mentioned on this thread, I noticed there was some job advertisements at the environmental field in the oil fields. I have recently archived bachelor's degree in environmental planning and have a bit less than a year's worth of working experience from planning and cleaning oil-contaminated land areas.

If most of the operational work is done during the winter time, does this mean that the planning is done during the summer? Naturally I do not have much knowledge about the Canadian legislation but I have started to research it a bit and see how if differs from the European one(s). Is there much trouble for the employers to hire people to do planning who are outside the country?

Oil industry is busy all year, there are busier times for different areas of operations, for example the refinery maintenance shut downs occur mostly in spring and fall, drilling operations are busiest in the winter.

I'm not too familiar with environmental planning, but as you can imagine, environmental concerns in the oil sands and Alberta in general are huge, so I'm sure there's some opportunities there for you, keep searching.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
08-18-2012 01:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 08-18-2012 01:01 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM