Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Janec Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
I'm currently estimating total amount of money that this venture will consume;-).If i take with me 3k $ instead of 5k $ that Scotian suggested to have for initial period of time to cover living expenses and pay for safety courses will it be enought?I'm asking because i'm struggling to save as much money as possible but since i'm coming from Europe the total sum that i must gather will be pretty high (Passport, plane tickets ,insurance ,visa fee ,document translations and so on ).My question is how high are the living costs in Edmonton, will the amount of 3k $ be enought to let's say do safety courses and look for work for at least 2 months (i'm hoping that i'll find job sooner but better safe than sorry)?

Oh and i'm keen to hear how are other guys doing out there , let us know how is yours progres in Alberta.

Good Luck Guys!!!
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2012 04:04 AM by Janec.)
08-22-2012 03:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Janec - 08-22-2012 03:35 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM