Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
BadWolf Offline
Banned

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Hey there guys, I'm an English Teacher in China... I'm looking at coming home in the next few years to have a kid (get him Canadian citizenship). My parents have a nice house in a town near Toronto and my wife will be living out there with them. I'd like to work in the oil fields as an apprentice. I decided, I would come home and take some apprenticeship training at a private career college in either Toronto or Kitchener. Any idea if they would be willing to take on a Heavy Equipment Mechanic or an Auto Mechanic or Electrician or whatever. I'm willing to put in massive overtime. I was also born and raised in Canada so getting hired isn't a problem... Also have an AZ license, but not really a fan of the long haul job. Took a MIG welding course a few years ago but couldn't find work that paid more than I'm making now in China. Would only be looking for skilled jobs, worked in the factory at home waaay too long, that sucked.

If you have any advice or thoughts, I'd really appreciate it!

PM and I'll get back to you ASAP.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 11:23 AM by BadWolf.)
09-01-2012 11:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - BadWolf - 09-01-2012 11:18 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM