Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Atlantic Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Guys link here for the visa I got and the travel insurance too for 169 euros. Dont think it will work if you arnt Irish but maybe it will help locate similar deals: http://www.go4less.ie/canada-visas/canada-work-visa.asp

Thanks Nima for the bike Info. I was looking for just well paying labour jobs at the start but from just sending out emails and the response I am getting it sounds like I can talk my way into an alright inside office job, hopefully mid management. I think its part of being Irish that you learn to talk yourself in and out of anything as needs be haha. I am all for hard labour though if I need too though, I have worked many a hard job before but if I can get a comfy office job why not?

Raliv: I have a one year working visa ( check the link above). It is very easy to get the second year and I believe it keeps going to four years are up then you have to apply for a professional one or something (?). I will be telling employers that I have a full 2 years work permit and contacts for another 2. Make hiring me an easy choice basically.

To be honest I dont mind telling a few white lies to get in the door because I actually do think I am a good worker at the end of the day and that they won't feel cheated. I think talking yourself up is all part of getting hired. I am being selective with the truth is how I put it...
09-06-2012 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atlantic's post:
Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Atlantic - 09-06-2012 04:19 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM