Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Atlantic Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(09-24-2012 03:30 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  Quick question:
I'm going to be flying to Edmonton later this week or next week at the latest. Regarding the safety tickets (H2S Alive, CSTS etc...), would I be better off doing them prior to getting to E Town or just do them once in E Town? Also, if I were to do them in E Town, do I need to register in advance for them or can I just register the day before? Where would I go to take the courses in Edmonton?

Thanks guys!

http://www.firstaidsafetytraining.ca/h2s...course.php

Don't register too early as there is no real need and keeps you flexible on dates. Every course I took had extra space. I am after doing the First Aid, WHMIS, H2S Alive and the CSTPST Courses. They are nice to deal with and the building is comfortable. Register for your first one after 2 days before after you get here and then just talk to them when you are there.

Looks like a nice crew is starting to form!

Got my first Canadian lay last night too. Thanks Kick for introducing her. She has kinda slowed me down on the job-seeking front this morning haha. Can't wait to get a job sorted so I can party proper on my time off. This city has a load of talent around Whyte ave and the Uni alone. Plus I find it a great city for day game as you go around looking for work.
09-24-2012 02:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atlantic's post:
Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Atlantic - 09-24-2012 02:27 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM