Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(09-24-2012 03:30 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  Quick question:
I'm going to be flying to Edmonton later this week or next week at the latest. Regarding the safety tickets (H2S Alive, CSTS etc...), would I be better off doing them prior to getting to E Town or just do them once in E Town? Also, if I were to do them in E Town, do I need to register in advance for them or can I just register the day before? Where would I go to take the courses in Edmonton?

Thanks guys!

I'd say just do them in Edmonton, set aside 2 or 3 days to get your H2S and CSTS tickets, find a training place near transit stops and go from there. The HI hostel near Whyte Ave is a 10 minute walk to the U of A LRT (rail) station, lots of bus stops around too.

Also, the HI hostel is literally a block from Whyte Ave and all the bars, get to know Etown a bit and hang out, meet some people after a long day of job hunting.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
09-24-2012 09:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes scotian's post:
Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 09-24-2012 09:17 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM