Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(10-05-2012 01:41 PM)Zeus Wrote:  Scotian, Irishman, DjembaDjemba

Fucking great!

bags are packed and my flight is booked for next Tuesday.

Im landing in Calgary and setting up shop there at first. I've been networking and im told that the trade i want, you have to be at least indentured (registered apprentice) to be allowed in the sands.

All good. I can live without - 45C weather for now.

Plus, my best buddy is already in Calgary and i go there at least once a year to visit. I know his friends and have a network to start at. Plus, hes a natural having slayed over 100 birds before he was 23. It'll begood to hunt with him now that i know a few things. And learn off him.

So my experience will be different, but i will eventually end up in the sands. Make no mistake. I want that money

Be well

Good to hear Zeus, but don't worry it gets really cold in Calgary too, just hope that there will be some Chinooks this winter (warm air passing over the mountains that raises the temps during the winter months).

You're doing the exact same thing I did when I decided to take a trade, I mvoed in with a buddy in Calgary and went to SAIT and actually had a decent life there, Calgary is BY FAR the best city to live in Alberta. I then lived in Etown for a couple of years, in total, I spent three years living in down south before I ever ended up in the oil sands.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
10-06-2012 09:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 10-06-2012 09:30 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM