Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Ecksie, once again great posts and thanks for your continued contributions to this thread, I'm glad to have someone from the engineering side on here to balance out the riff raff trades side that I represent.

Guys if I could do it over I definitely would have done an undergrad degree in engineering, instead I took the easy route and did a BA which did nothing for me, at least I had the sense to go to trade school the year after I graduated and didn't have too much in student loans to worry about.

Ecksie, what are your thoughts on the two-engineering programs at schools such as NAIT and SAIT which lead to the CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) designation?

I know that SAIT offers two such diplomas in mechanical engineering and welding engineering, both have online options for the first year. I'm seriously considering doing one of these in the next few years, if it'll help take my career to the next level, and one year at school isn't too bad. Another good thing about these diplomas is that you have the option to go back to a proper university for another two year and get the full engineering degree.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
10-06-2012 09:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like scotian's post:
Vacancier Permanent, catalyst

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 10-06-2012 09:49 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM