Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
23Billion Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Hey Ecksie thanks for the reply man.

Hey man another question. I told my buddy about what you said. I basically copied it and emailed it to him.

He then asked me to ask you about the job prospects for his older cousin who has an Electronics Technician Diploma from college in Toronto, and an unfinished Bachelor of Technology from the same school with absolutely no experience. I was told that the guy could not find any job at all so he discontinued his degree. I think I met him once he was so down and he was also working in retail. He told me to post the list of his qualifications to you so you'd know since you're a technical guy. So that guy's qualifications are:

1) Bachelor of Technology - unfinished degree
2) Electronics Engineering Technician Diploma, completed but no experience
3) CCNNA = Cisco Certified Network Associate. i was told this was a hard to get thing but he didn't find a job either because there are no jobs in Ontario.
4) A+ certification.

The dude had to get any job he could find to pay bills and support his family. So I am told he didn't find any job in his field.

Would that guy be able to land any decent paying jobs?
10-07-2012 01:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - 23Billion - 10-07-2012 01:32 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM