Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Vacancier Permanent Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Today, went and did my H2S Alive course at Enform in Nisku. In retrospect, I should have waited and registered to do it in Edmonton and not in Nisku, which is kind of far and not convenient to get to specially if you have no car. However, I've been very lucky to have met here an outstanding guy such as Djemba Djemba, who on top of giving me a ton of tips and advices, has also been very kind to drive me to Nisku not only yesterday afternoon to see where the training centre for Enform is located but most importantly, to drive me there in the morning. I've been lucky that I've only meet top notch guys in here such as DD and Irishman and other guys I've been talking to in the hotel, have all been very kind to me by giving me a ton of tips. I hope to be able to not only repay these guys some way some day but also, I'm here and more than willing to help anyone who is looking to get here or once they get here.

One of the guys I've been talking to has been telling that one of the nicest and most in demand trades is that of having your level 3 and 5 truck driver licence as with those, you'd be golden any company would hire you right away. Plus it's not very physically demanding and when it's really cold outside, you're sitting inside a warm truck. And the money is good, like 9-11k for a 3 week rotation. Starting. Some food for thought for those who are qualified and who can be easily qualified...

Tonight and tomorrow morning, I'm going to be working on my resume and updating it and then, will start contacting companies. I want to get something going fast so that the soonest I start making money, the soonest I'm going to reach my goal...
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 11:11 PM by Vacancier Permanent.)
10-09-2012 10:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Vacancier Permanent's post:
scotian, rudebwoy, Atlantic, Jae

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Vacancier Permanent - 10-09-2012 10:57 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM