Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Vacancier Permanent Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Pitt,
I'm open to anything however, I'd rather stay away from the rig as I've heard some truly shocking stories by guys who are staying in my hotel about drilling jobs and what the lease hand guys (newbies) go through and the hell they're put through by the more senior guys. I'd rather focus on a technical field, which is less of physically demanding and more of technical/intellectual type of jobs. But in the beginning, I'm not going to be picky as I just want to get a foot in the door so to speak and once that is done, then I can easily move up. I already received a lot of feedback, tips and suggestions from people I've been talking to in here, so lots of ideas floating around right now. I'll be sure to give the full details of the kind of job I've found once I do get one. So stay tuned...

My biggest regret of the year so far has been, as I just told Djemba Djemba last night over drinks, is that I had an opportunity to come to Alberta in April this year but I chickened out. Had I come then, I would have been now in a position to join Scotian and get the hell out of Canada for the winter till April. Lesson learned...

Have a safe drive to E town on Thursday Scotian. I'm excited to meet you bro! Let's paint the town in Red when when you get to E Town! Anyone else thinking of making the move soon? Now is the time guys, as they are hiring left and right!
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 11:20 PM by Vacancier Permanent.)
10-09-2012 11:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Vacancier Permanent - 10-09-2012 11:14 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM