Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(10-09-2012 11:30 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  9-11k in 3 weeks as a truck driver? That is absolutely ridiculous. If you work 4 months straight then thats like 50k. I wonder if that type of pay is here to stay or whether it will come back down as more and more Canadians / Expats catch wind of the opportunities in Alberta.

Those type of wages have been the norm for the past 10 years or so and I can't see them going down anytime soon, hopefully they'll go up even more!

Ecksie is spot on with his advice about the electrical field, I have a good friend who got his JM ticket last year and started working as an independent contractor at a mod yard in Edmonton making $65/hour, works 5 10 hour shifts M-F, not a bad gig and is home every night. I have another friend with an electrical background who does Programmable Logistics Controls (PCL) and makes so much money as a contractor that you probably wouldn't believe me if I wrote it on here.

That's where the real money is guys, independent contracting. Any jibroni tradesman can make $150-200 a year up here, look at me, I'm one of them, its the independent guys who make the really big money, $250-500 is definitely not unheard of, something to think about.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
10-09-2012 11:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes scotian's post:
Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 10-09-2012 11:43 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM