Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Nima Offline
Sparrow

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(10-20-2012 02:24 PM)BrownBear Wrote:  Oh ok, just making sure Smile! I've crossed off russia from my list, so it looks like I'm heading to Australia in july! I'm actually starting to doubt if I should go into petroleum engineering though, my dad is starting up some great companies/ owns patents. Maybe business school wouldn't be a bad idea in my case?

you don't learn jack shit in business school
I wasted 2 years of my life and was about to waste a third year, but thankfully I found this thread lol

I have a 2 year diploma in business management and had to do 2 more terms to get my bachelor's degree. I learned very little in those 2 years and that's the nature of the beast that is business school. Unless you major in something like accounting, you learn absofuckinglutely nothing and your degree will be no different than an arts degree. Even if you major in accounting or finance, you'll be wasting your first couple of years with useless courses that will just bore you to death and take out every ounce of motivation you once had.

If you're going to university, work towards medical or law school or learn something technical and usefull. Either do engineering, architecture or as I said, work towards medical/law school or DON'T bother. In Russia you guys don't pay for university tuition and books, am I correct (a Russian friend told me). In AUS you'll have to pay literally tens of thousands as an internation student. By the time you graduate, you'll have spent at least 50K and most likely you wouldn't have worked at all in those 4 years while going to university. You better get a degree in something that will get you employment in order to pay all your debts and make up for the lost time not being employed. A business degree won't get you anything but a 20K a year job at some shithole backwatter of an office. If you're lucky you might pull off a 30K dollar job right after graduation lol

Just get business out of your mind, don't even think about it. Useless degree, unless you're going into finance or accounting. But again, even if you go into accounting, you'll be taking shit courses like organizational behaviour for 2 fucking years and the only light at the end of the tunnel will be 300 and 400 lvl accounting courses and eventually a job as an accountant <<< just thinking about it makes me wanna end my life right here and now
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2012 04:03 AM by Nima.)
10-22-2012 03:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Nima - 10-22-2012 03:58 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM