Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Zeus Offline
Robin

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Guys,

It looks like I landed a job. Man what a grind but the jobs are there. It took me 10 days of constant looking, calling, driving, knocking, rejection. But here's the thing, you will meet someone new everyday and they wil tell you "go check this guy out or call this company. I'm Calgary and not in the sands yet as the trade I'm in won't let starters up there you need to be an apprentice already.

I got two on the spot job offers. One called me 10 min after I left and offered it. I already got an email from them and a start date. 30 min after getting off the phone. The other said to 'think it over' and call him this afternoon. That's the one I want as its indoors and with a great company.

But as I was driving everywhere looking, all I saw were HELP WANTED signs. Good lord. Everywhere and for anything. If you think you won't get a job you're wrong.

Scotian was right and continues to be right.

What are you waiting for?
10-29-2012 01:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Zeus's post:
Atlantic, Ferro, Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Zeus - 10-29-2012 01:51 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM