Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Zeus Offline
Robin

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(11-09-2012 12:10 AM)christpuncher Wrote:  Man I envy the blue collar fort mac guys. You can hop around job to job company to company. Take 6 months off and come back and just keep going. Engineering is great, but the "career" and "professional advancement" are not structured so that you can work your ass off for a while and then take all winter off.
If I had to do it again I'd have hopped on the bus out west when I was 18 and become a welder. I'd be a welding inspector or manager by now (age 25) making 250-300k and spending a few months a year traveling the world!

You're 25 and think you're too old.? Seriously!

I'm 35, moved to Alberta 3 weeks ago. No job. All my family and friends left behind. It took me 4 days to find EXACTLY the apprenticeship I wanted.

Do you really wish you could have done it at 18? It takes 3 years to become a welder. What's your excuse now?
11-09-2012 07:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Zeus's post:
Vacancier Permanent, rudebwoy, Jae

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Zeus - 11-09-2012 07:07 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM