Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Lux Interior Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(11-11-2012 05:54 PM)Pipe bender Wrote:  How’s it going everyone, hope your all doing well. I’ve been eary wigging on this blog for months. It’s been fantastic, informative & fun to follow and hopefully helps change my life for the good. Thanks a million to all the input, Scotian & his followers.
I’m from Ireland, a Pipefitter/Plumber. I sent out my CV to lot of companies in May’12. Received a letter of offer within weeks. The AAIT in Alberta have assessed and temporarily approved my existing Steamfitter/Pipefitter qualifications from Ireland and I’m due to arrive out before end of this month fingers crossed.
When I was sent the initial job offer, I noticed it was cc,d at least 20 others. But in the last few emails I’ve received its only cc’d to another 3 people. Maybe the others just dropped out.
I’ve jumped from one trade to another when needs must. You have to move with the flow, bend the rule book. In the university of life we soon realize how diverse you need to be in life career ways. After a few weeks in a trade you’ll be as confident as most others. Move on or you’ll miss the boat, you can always fall back on it. If you were born in a stable it wouldn’t make you a horse so never let your trade or occupation own you.
That’s my thoughts anyway!
Can I ask;
What’s the typical % deductions from a weeks wages in Alberta ie Tax etc…?
What’s camp lifes most essential must haves for your room and for working on site?

About 33% in total.
11-12-2012 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Lux Interior - 11-12-2012 10:48 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM