Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Nima Offline
Sparrow

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(11-20-2012 11:17 PM)Zeus Wrote:  
(11-20-2012 09:41 PM)Nima Wrote:  I had a level 3 Occupational First Aid certificate (highest level). It's now expired. ...I want to have a first aid ticket of some sort before going to Alberta, do you think this is overkill? This is equivalent to something similar in Alberta, but I don't know what exactly. I believe in Alberta you have "advanced first aid." Do you have any idea about this?

I wouldn't mind getting recertified if I can use it somehow in Alberta. I can make up the cost by using the ticket here before moving to Alberta.

If you want to get in a skilled trade, all you need is standars first aid. Cost is ~ $140 and 2 days of your time.
Thanks for the reply

I'm going to Calgary first to take a course. In the meantime I will be doing random jobs. Here in Vancouver an OFA level 3 certificate (equal to advanced first aid in Alberta) will get you a nice 5-6 dollar pay increase (to work as a labourer/first aid attendant on construction sites). Does the advanced first aid certificate in Alberta allow you to work as a first aid attendant?
11-21-2012 01:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Nima - 11-21-2012 01:49 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM