Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(12-01-2012 10:04 AM)callaghan Wrote:  Scotian great thread !

I am stuck at present here in Italy, my company closed down, I am a white collar but hated my job and spending all my life in front of a pc screen; this could be for me the start of a new career.

I am thinking of coming in Alberta and getting some kind of qualification in order not to show up totally unskilled.

I you were to choose some kind of training course (not longer than 6 months ideally for financial reason I would say 3 months) what would you suggest ? I mean what would give me the highest chances of a job ?

many thanks if you are able to reply

All the info you need is here in this thread, read it through. Your best bet is some type of technical trade but if you're going to do the school part in your country, make sure that it is recognized in Canada, there's a good chance that it won't be as Canada isn't the best at accepting international qualifications. You'd almost be better off just coming here on whatever visa and getting whatever job, then going from there. Read Irishman's posts and you can do something similar to what he's been doing.

I worked for a big Italian contractor at the Husky Sunrise site north of Fort Mac, it was probably the most fucked up site I've ever worked at, their name is Snamprogetti, I'd be surprised if that site ever gets built and can't wait until it eventually blows up because I'll make a killing there, just like I did at CNRL Horizon when that blew up, I love when shit blows up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpDxiWyROb8

Anyway, enough oil sands hearsay, you should contact them and see what they say about potential work opportunities in Canada.

http://business.financialpost.com/2011/1...onnection/

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 02:12 PM by scotian.)
12-01-2012 01:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 12-01-2012 01:48 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM