Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Habsguy Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
for all the qualified guys from Ireland or elsewhere, i suggest you apply for one year work permit and as soon as you get here start applying to become a permanent resident , renew your work permit with your employer to stay for an extra year , and you'll get your PR by the end of your 2nd year and once you become a permanent resident you have the same privileges that a Canadian citizen have + they'll recognize your skills and education
i know a guy from France who barely spoke english when he first came to Alberta he statred from scratch , he got hired as a roughneck in Niksu, he used to get yelled at a lot for making the guys repeat what they say and now he's a permanent resident
so i guess there is no reason to get discouraged after 2 years you'll be either a 3rd year journeyman or permanent resident working in your field
good luck to everyone
12-07-2012 05:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Habsguy - 12-07-2012 05:27 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM