Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Ecksie Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(12-07-2012 07:52 PM)Rodman Wrote:  Scotian. First of all I want to tip my hat and say great site! Lots of useful and current information. Cheers to you and all who contribute!
Like a lot of people visiting this site I've been considering going out to Alberta to work. I'm a Construction Project Manager here in Ontario. I've been in the industry for 25 years and have 15 years experience as a Project Manager.
I'm hoping you can give me a little insight into the opportunities for a Construction Project Manager out there. I have come across a few postings, but they don't really give much info on work schedules and pay. Do you have any info on the pay structures for the type of work I'm seeking? I appreciate any info I can get.
PS I have a diploma in Construction Engineering Technology and have CET credentials.
Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.
All the best!

If you have industrial experience, expect 120k base salary plus 45-60% bonuses and uplifts. Total compensation should approach or exceed 200k. If its mostly commercial experience, you'll probably come in as a project coordinator for a couple years at 100-150k plus LOA. One of the coordinators working on my project currently flies in and out from the east coast. He's rarely in the city.
12-08-2012 10:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Ecksie's post:
scotian, Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Ecksie - 12-08-2012 10:15 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM