Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Ecksie Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Rodman,

Project Managers typically are based out of Edmonton/Calgary but site visits are usually required. Every company works their salaries a little differently. Most, however, generally pay a base salary when you aren't assigned to a project and then an overtime/location uplift based on your project location and work schedule. If you are required on site full time, expect a sweet uplift. Just to throw some numbers at you: one of my peers is on a 14/7 rotation (10 hr days) in Fort Mac and will clear $225k this year. I'm based in the city and work up to 55 hours per week. I'm on track to just barely squeeze out $200k.

I will say this--there's a huge demand for our skillset but there's also a lot of pressure to perform. Have a few projects go sideways on you and youll develop an ugly reputation in a hurry.

It's been the best career decision I ever made.
12-10-2012 11:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Ecksie's post:
scotian, Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Ecksie - 12-10-2012 11:22 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM