Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Nima Offline
Sparrow

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Just finished my 2 week long, 70 hour, OFA lvl 3 course (advanced first aid ). Passed my written and practical today. I figure I need to do bottom of the barrel jobs while I'm in Calgary getting my certificates and if Alberta is anything like BC, an advanced first aid ticket will bump up your salary quite a bit if you're working as a simple labourer. I've heard conflicting stories about my OFA lvl 3 ticket being accepted in Alberta, but it seems that it's up to individual employers. The training is virtually identical though.

Anyway, I have my PST (petroleum safety training) and first aid tickets now. Will take care of the H2S ticket before Feb. Someone mentioned fall protection as well. Is that necessary?

Edit: here's a good site if you want to know the equivalent of your first aid ticket in diff jurisdictions across Western Canada (scroll down to the last page).
http://www.lrws.gov.sk.ca/first-aid-trai...ern-canada
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 08:40 PM by Nima.)
12-11-2012 08:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Nima's post:
Atlantic, Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Nima - 12-11-2012 08:00 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM