Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Ferro Offline
Sparrow

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(12-13-2012 10:48 PM)Irishman Wrote:  Good stuff Ferro. Looks like you followed the Scotian Steps to Success and now you are sorted. I highly recommened not blowing all your money and keep hustling. One lesson that I have learned is that hidden expenses can come out of nowhere (truck breaking down, not getting paid for a month after you start etc. ) so I would keep busy till you start and try find another way in the meantime of making some more quick cash. If you can get one rotation or some temp work even I would take it for sure. Plenty of time to party in the off season so make the most of winter while it is busy. I have found it hard myself- I am constantly tempted to go drinking or snowboarding. Best of luck man and again- well done.

Thanks man. SSS was gold, and finding a quick rotation now is exactly the plan. I am going to get a solid 4x4 with winter tires tomorrow, then drive to Ft Mac very early Monday morning. I won't need more than a week or two to max out my pleasure in Banff anyways... at least that is what my wallet hopes.

Congratulations on the great success you have been reporting. I appreciate the detailed boots-on-the-ground lessons you have been posting here. Have a Merry Christmas wherever you are.
12-13-2012 11:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Ferro's post:
Atlantic, Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Ferro - 12-13-2012 11:10 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM