Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Albertron Offline
Robin

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
As usual, quality posts from scotian and Irishman. I'll definitely be following those blueprints of what to do when I get there.

Awesome info Zeus. I've thought about the pre-apprenticeship before work but figured if I could find a company that would take me in green, then there's no sense in taking them.

I'm planning to go Edmonton, but a good heads up that the rental market in Calgary is tight. Don't wanna be staying in a hostel for too long. You mentioned that the IBEW is non-existent there. Can you elaborate on this? I saw that they have a head office in Edmonton and I was planning on visiting them first once I get a place to stay, get a cheap truck like Irishman and get all my admin stuff handled.

But of course, i'll be dropping off my resume everywhere in Edmonton. My resume isn't much but it'll show the certifications so I figure I should get the OSSA certification to add some bulk in there and show how serious I am.

Good to hear about the pretty ladies. I guess this will be a good place to start learning game.

Also, it's great to hear that some people will be making the move in the next few months. Hopefully I'll be able to meet you guys when I get there in Feb, build up some contacts and work on my networking skills. In reality, I'd just like to hear the stories of your journeys in person. Nothing's more motivating than to hear the progression of someone's goals that are similar or the same to your own.

Happy holidays, everyone.
12-15-2012 12:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Albertron's post:
Vacancier Permanent, Nima, scotian

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Albertron - 12-15-2012 12:53 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM