Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Ferro Offline
Sparrow

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(12-15-2012 06:04 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, I registered for a 1 week course in Hamilton in non destructive testing. The course will be held the 3rd week of Jan. The course's fee is 1100$. Once that is completed, I will have a much better chance of getting into the trade I want to. This is a very nicely paid skill. And it’s not as demanding physically as say working as labourer or on a rig. After a year, once I have the necessary tickets, that will take me into the 6 figures and be able to live it up like Scotian is doing. Smile And after 3-4 years, with more tickets and experience, then I will be golden and can get overseas in more desirable locations. In the words of the Great Scotian, all of this for a 1 week 1100$ course!!!! Who needs a 40-50K useless BA in basket weaving? Banana

What is the difference between your $1100 course and the $8800 NDT course at SAIT in Calgary? Something seems amiss.
12-15-2012 08:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Ferro - 12-15-2012 08:51 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM