Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
r_passion Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/...-12-10.asp

For those with qualifications and so on - get on this ASAP. Have the application form filled out and ready to go to be shipped when they start accepting applications.

For those here on temp work permits the Canada Experience Class has been relaxed down to 1 year of skilled work experience required.

CIC are not idiots, people have been commenting recently on temporary immigrants potentially harming wages. That is propaganda from whatever media source. The reality is that CIC routinely turn down work permit requests based on uncompetitive wages and the unions wouldn't have it anyway. A driller in BC I was speaking to the other day told me how a Chinese drilling company sulked about how they couldn't exploit their own nationals coming over so they shut the mine for the season. Big deal, they are already back because the contract will go elsewhere. This stuff is too valuable to Canada so it will ALL be mined and extracted and it will take more than our lifetime to get done - ie the work will always be there.

On that note there are operations in other provinces going on - BC has Diamond and Coal mining. It is absolutely nothing like Brassed Off in Northern England.
12-16-2012 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like r_passion's post:
Vacancier Permanent, Nima

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - r_passion - 12-16-2012 03:55 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM