Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Atlantic Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(12-16-2012 11:45 AM)salmonfella Wrote:  Hey guys trying to find out some information on the position of a floor-hand on a service rig anyone on here working in that field? i am busy Googlein and trying to tailor my CV to make me stand out more for a job that i am applying for the pay is 27 dollars an hour for 45 hours a week. It list some duties of the job Operateing powered tongs, hydraulic air-operated cranes.just wondering would it be easy to get up to speed working with these as i would have never done any of this kind of work in the pastSmile..I feel this could be the brake i need so i am prepared to tell a few white lies to get me the job thanks for any help rossSmile

It is pretty much the same as a drilling rig except you move around a lot more, travel to site each day instead of staying at camps and don't make as much. Some of my crew on the drilling rig had worked service rigs before. Said the money is better on the drilling side of things and more consistent . I am pretty sure you would apply the same way and through the same companies.

Ya tell some white lies and talk yourself up big time. It seems like no one actually checks resumes over here.
12-16-2012 08:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Atlantic - 12-16-2012 08:40 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM