Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Atlantic Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(12-16-2012 12:18 PM)Tresdus Wrote:  Thanks again Irishman, I'm 18 straight out of school next year, so obvious no exp. I'll reconsider going into MWD, because that looks good and like a lot of money.

One more question for you: How long do you think you'll be doing this?

Hard to answer right now. I know it will be hard to step away from these sort of wages but I always seen my self as owning my own business. I will stay at it till I have my full citizenship and lifestyle set up dialed and then see. An approach I make take is only working half the year, still banking over 100k and then working on other projects/travelling the other half.

Who knows how long it will all last 'so make hay while the sunshines' is my approach for the next 3 years anyway and then we will see. Will be interesting to see where all the oil field people posting here are in a few years time...
12-16-2012 08:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atlantic's post:
Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Atlantic - 12-16-2012 08:45 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
<