Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Nima Offline
Sparrow

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(01-06-2013 02:39 AM)Damedius Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 10:01 PM)Nima Wrote:  Scotian and others, I'm looking for a place to rent in Calgary, but I've got no idea where. I have a 5 day course in SAIT but it's only 5 days so even if I'm a million miles away I can still get myself to class somehow. But since I don't know where I'll be working after, I don't know where to look for rent.

Should I just aim for the downtown area or...? Compared to Vancouver, Calgary seems like a small town (looking at the map). I guess it won't hurt to just look for the cheapest place no matter where it's at.

Downtown is probably more expensive. The NW and SW are generally speaking the better places to live.

You should be good no matter where you get a place as long as it is close to transit. Obviously if you live too far from the city centre you might have to be very close to the c-train.

http://www.calgarytransit.com/

Under the Route map there is the system map which shows the where the c-train goes. Being close to the c-train is useful, because you can get from on end of the city to the other in 40 minutes, using it.

awesome, thanks for the info
01-06-2013 07:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Nima - 01-06-2013 07:47 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM